Thursday, November 04, 2010

Nespresso C120 Citiz & Milk

Nespresso is a brand of espresso owned by Nestle. I went past their showroom in London a while ago and was floored by their design concept and quality of coffee delivered through their own economical machines. So a couple of weeks ago, I picked one up in Hong Kong.


The unit is compact yet robust. It is relatively easy to use and clean. The water tank is on the back of the machine and can be conveniently removed and refilled. The capsules should be placed into the slot on the top of the machine and are good for one use.


This particular model comes with a milk warmer that has an optional insert to froth the milk. It heats up the milk in about 1 minute. The stirrer at the base of the milk heater is only attached my magnet and can be removed for cleaning very simply.



Nespresso offers a range of 16 flavors ranked by 'intensity' on a scale from 1-10. They include mixes that can be made into cappuccino, mocha-chino, and simple espresso.




Nespresso recently released a limited edition flavor called KAZAAR with a rated intensity of 14! This does not mean it contains more caffeine but rather it refers to the intensity of flavors.


Each capsule sosts around US$0.50, which is a lot cheaper than hitting Starbucks twice a day. And I got to admit, the Nespresso coffee tastes AMAZING!!!


The Kazaar in particular is my favorite this week. The espresso is extremely rich and creamy with distinct flavors. I actually look forward to getting to work so that I can fire up the machine and get my morning fix.

No comments: