Friday, April 15, 2005

Mr. Sandman???

What a bogus night. Was feeling drowsy by early evening but as soon as I hit my pillow I was twisting and turning again. Give me a fucking break. If I had I had a gun I would have blown my brains out!!! So I entertained myself by figuring out how to upload pictures on to the blog and, it’s pretty easy, even for a technologically handicapped person like me. So below this there ‘should’ be a picture of my maimed limb. About 6 or 7 months ago I was at Pelabuan Ratu, a beach in South Java. In fact I will throw up some pictures of that too. A wikid spot called Ocean Queen Resort with bungalows right on the beach. No air-conditioning or TV but very clean well maintained. It is owned and run by an English dude called Nick Andrews. The drive up there is amazing with winding roads through the forests, over hills, and under dense canopies.

So anyways, I was up there with my usual crew. About 10 of us. We spend most of the days recovering from heavy hangovers by chilling out by the pool and on the beach, cooking up some bad ass fresh sea food BBQ's. And at night we sit around a bonfire, drinking whiskey, playing guitars and djimbe, and pretty much getting fucked up. Alcohol and fire do not mix!! Now one would think this is common sense but I guess you could say I am a bit thick skulled. After polishing a bottle of Jack Daniels solo mio, I decided to play "who can jump over the fire?". I made it over the first time singeing the hair on my legs but the second attempt was not so virtuous. I cleared the bonfire but my drunken ass stumbled backwards towards the red hot coals and I only managed to break my fall with my left hand. Now I know this could have been a lot worse and I did get lucky, but I will also have to admit that is one of the stupidest things I have done to date. I spent the rest of the weekend up at the beach pumping myself full of liquor to exterminate the pain and did not have the wound looked at for another 3 days till I got back to the city. In short, it was a long, long, long time of agonizing healing but I am still alive. And we all know that, IF IT DOESNT KILL YOU, IT CAN ONLY MAKE YOU STRONGER!!!

As I stared up at the dark ceiling last night, this verse from Morrison kept going on and on and on though my head...

Can you give me sanctuary
I must find a place to hide
A place for me to hide
Can you find me soft asylum
I can't make it any more
The Man is at the door

Aloha and Good Night....

No comments: