Friday, June 03, 2005

Mie Ayam - Ala Inny

My brother has been living outside Indo for half a year now. Every time he came to my office, when he was here, he would order Mie Ayam (chicken noodles) from the stall outside. I do not usually do not eat lunch but I do indulge when I have guests or visitors. SO I was missing my bro today and decided to get some Mie Ayam. Now I don’t know what Inny does to his noodles but these just didn’t taste as good. He usually goes outside and tells the guy what to put in and what not to put in. The food was alright I guess but it is better when you are here. Here are a few pictures for you, maybe you can be enticed to come home for a short visit. Or is the patata vara and camils at juhu enough for you?

2 comments:

mogs said...

This post brought back memories of our trip to Indo last year. It's been almost a year...infact, I think I landed there on June 18 or 19. I can't believe that time has flown this fast.

I recall vividly the kiosque outside your office selling the nasi goreng...how it was sweet...and even chilling with Kelly, Rodrigues...etc in your office.

What about those happy endings?

Speaking of time, why the fuck is it zooming by? It's just too much sometimes. I recall how our childhood summers would ease by...the warm days...and ac chilled nights. Those were good days. Last year, I got my first white hair and I thought it was just some freak accident. Today, they're popping as easily as my tangay does on a warm saturday morning.

I hope that when/if we have kids, they get to chill with each other the way we did, but somehow, it seems that that kind of a life is a thing of the past, don't you think?

Almost everyone I know is on the go...trying to make a buck to pay a bill. What happened to chillaxing, you know, taking the whole weekend off and going on a camping trip or just waking up to go back under the sheets again, only to finally wake up to a bowl of cereal and some cartoons?

Indo Dreamin' said...

I hear hear brother. I got 3 grey hairs in my beard!! But its aggs character ;-)

As for chillaxing, I am happy to say I still kick it under the covers and watch cartoons on sunday mornings with the kids. I bought the whole looney tunes collection on DVD. Only I cant find the bugs bunny barber shop one. You know the one with the marriage of figaro.