Friday, October 21, 2005

From The Plane

I am sitting on the plane heading to Accra. The stop over in KL was fairly short. We did not even get of the plane. I passed the time making idle chatter with the Indon dude I am taking to Accra with me. Honestly, I am kinda worried how he is gonna handle the bush.

Fortunately, about 20 minutes into the flight a HOT stewardess rolled up to me and said, “Avi, is that you?” And I said, “Why yes it is”. It turns out this old friend of a friend was a flight attendant on this flight... Thank you Ash, yes you now her, think… On the JKT-KL sector she gave me extra drinks, not to mention champagne. She also made me seem like a hero in front of the colleague I am taking with me.

Yes, I have started drinking again. It is so fucking cold on the plane. I am supposed to remain celibate and alcohol free so I was torn between taking a flight attendant into the restroom and creating sufficient body heat in 5 minutes to last the 7 hour journey to Dubai, or breaking down and sippin just a little bit of fire water to keep it real.


So here I sit, typing this shit and sipping JD. Some other bizzatch stewardess told me they have run out of JD. What kind of BS is that? Ah well. I will sip the 3 glasses I booked in advance and chat with my new friend. I shudder at the thought of facing actual human beings in the airport tomorrow that will actually expect to hear something semi coherent to slip out from between my lips.

No comments: