Monday, May 07, 2007

It's Monday

The weekend was awesome and it was just what I needed to get back into the swing of things. The city was getting to me and I was not enjoying China anymore, but I had a blast and once again was blown away by what GZ has to offer, but I will post more about that later. In the meantime here are some thought provoking images I captured this weekend.


This here is a warning notice posted in the building where I live. Apparently the kids playing in the courtyard have been causing quite a bit of damage to the plant life. I am not amused by the bad grammar in this notice, I mean this is China and it is not their first language. I suck at grammar too. But what caught me is the usage of punctuation!!! I have never seen so many exclamation points in one notice! The management office must be so pissed off at the children!! Damn those pesky kids! They better pay us!

This next one will probably only be funny to the Indian boys out there. We visited an amusement park this weekend and they had a ride called ‘Shoot the Chute’. Get it? Shoot the Choot. He he he.


This last one takes the cake. This store is located right next to the Paddy Field in Guangzhou. I must have walked past it a hundred times and I can’t believe I never noticed it till now. The brand is called a ‘Maple House’ and I am sure they put a lot of thought into their logo. The incorporation of a maple leaf into the design would be the most obvious way to go. Except, this aint no maple leaf!!! Jah Rastafari!

No comments: