Friday, November 09, 2007

BenQ 22 Inch Monitor

About 1 week into my vacation my trust Samsung laptop died on me. I went through all this trouble to find accommodation with WiFi and my bastard laptop just flat lined. But none of the houses we stayed in ended having WiFi and I was forced to turn my attention away from work for the 2 weeks that I was away. Upon my return to the real world I found that the display card on my laptop was shot and there were no replacements available in the market. So I treated myself to a new desk top which I have been meaning to do for a while now. I got a fantastic deal from BenQ in Guangzhou. They hooked me up with a top of the line CPU housing a 160 GB HDD, some new Intel processor, like 8 USB ports, 1 GB RAM, and even a DVD writer. But the cherry on the cake is this 22” monitor! This is so phat. My movie clips and pictures never looked better plus I can browse multiple windows with ease on the super wide screen. I got the whole package for less than $500 US. I am still hoping my laptop gets sorted out cause all my work is on there, plus I have to look for all the software I need all over again and download all the additional shit. But its going to be awesome making movies on this puppy. Maybe next month I can get another monitor like this and line them up side by side. They are so damn cheap out here and come with a 3 year warranty.

No comments: