Wednesday, May 07, 2008

The Olympic Torch in Guangzhou

Today the Olympic torch is passing through Guangzhou and although some of the friends I keep are eager to go down to the stadium and catch a glimpse of the torch passing through the stadium, I just do not see the novelty in this experience. A few hours ago a girl from my office was in the city where she claims to have taken these pictures. These pictures were in fact only taken a few hours ago as the torch passed through Beijing Lu but I am just not sure she took them. I think she was just covering for hanging out with her mates. But whatever the case, this does not look like fun. I hate the massive crowds. If anyone is interested in seeing or passing a torch, just come on over and we will recreate the experience at my place tonight. I have a big green torch that I do not mind passing around.





No comments: