Friday, July 18, 2008

Silenced...

The guys at XYGZ tried to have this poster printed a few days ago, just for decoration around their creative space. The printers reported back that they could/would not print this image and reported the case to the local police... I am personally very pro-china regarding the whole Tibet vs Beijing issue. I think it is awesome that the Olympics are being hosted in China this year and attempts by protesters to sabotage the Olympics in an attempt to draw attention to their own cause is stupid and selfish. I am pro-china when it comes to most political issues I read about regarding the government here, but that being said I will also admit that I am extremely ignorant about international politics at the moment. I cant remember the last time I watched the new or picked up a news paper. But I am against censorship, and although I realize that the country I live in is still controlled by people who maintain rigid communist standards, I tend to forget about it until I encounter situations like this. Is this image that offensive or powerful? I loved this picture from the moment I saw it because it says so much. Any thoughts? This post will self destruct in 48 hours...

No comments: