Friday, August 08, 2008

Say Hello to my Little Friend

If you have never heard the line 'say hello to my little friend' before, you should not be allowed to own a DVD player. It is from the film 'Scarface' which was written by Oliver Stone and directed by Brian De Palma. It is probably one of the most significant gangster films of its era based on the story line, visually De Palma shot some magnificent scenes and even explored camera angles that had never been used before. A young Al Pacino was cast in the role of Antonio Montana and his performance is mind blowing to say the least. 'Scarface' was a classic the second the film was printed. So you can only imagine my joy when I walked into some random store on some back street here in Guangzhou and found this little Tony Montana figure sitting on a dusty shelf. I picked up the little fucker and pushed a button on the front and Tony started spewing out classic lines from the film. It was too good to be true. I convinced the store clerk to part with this decorative piece and he now resides in my apartment. Check out the video for a full demonstration of his lingo.




No comments: