Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Killin' Time

I came across some cool stuff online today. First off, the Chinese New Year is around the corner and we all have a new horoscope and future to look forward to. That is if you believe I that sort of thing. Shan has taken the time to post your fortunes on her blog. I found mine pretty motivating.

Snake:
Reap the harvest, but don't fool around. 2006 is the year you've been waiting for. The hard work you've invested in the past is ready to pay off. Doors will open... perhaps more than you're used to; don't let that go to your head. Simply accept your fortune with gratitude, and keep working hard. There's only one red flag in 2006: You're likely to attract members of the opposite sex...in droves. If you're already in a relationship, don't think that "new" always means "better." If you're not in a relationship, date only casually in 2006; things may not be what they seem, in romance.

Show me the money!!! Attracting members of the opposite sex is a red flag? Now I can actually look forward to the Chinese New Year. If you don’t know what sign you are, you can follow the link from her entry to a site where you can check. 1977 makes me a Snake.



Now this little website proved to be a whole lot of fun. You can upload your picture here and some sort of recognition software tells you who you look like. After uploading your picture you will be required to register as a new user but the process was fairly fast and you don’t have to go back to your email box to pick up a password.

The first 2 pictures I uploaded did not generate any results but then I posted one that had full body shots of 2 of my friends and me. The program automatically recognized and isolated the 3 faces and gave me a list of results. Well you can see them bellow. Apparently Jimmy looks like Nicole Kidman!!! And when I think about it, Franz actually does resemble Kirk Douglas a little bit. As for me, I look like no one famous. I will never see Jimmy the way again. Different pictures pulled up different result and if you have a decent connection speed this can be a good time pass.


Another little game you might want to try your hand at will test your reflexes. I have pinched the link off Shaolin Tiger, a Malaysia based British blogger. I read his blog almost daily. I find he has some very cool techy posts as well as good food posts which I love. He also features some home cooking and of course his “inane ramblings”. The best score I have achieved is not really impressive as you can see from the picture below.

No comments: