Friday, March 03, 2006

TGIF

I have been looking forward to this weekend for quite a while. It’s the Jakarta Jazz Festival baby!!! I hit the festival this time last year and I was blown away by the turn out. Apart from all the international ‘big name’ musicians that played in the closed halls (that you have to buy separate tickets for), there were some really eclectic bands playing in open locations around the lobbies. There were a couple of note worthy local bands and one Brazilian band in particular that was off the hook.

I got to go check out a new office space later today and close a deal on it but right after that I am heading out. My cousin who works in media managed to hook us up with 3 full day passes and we got tickets to see Kool and the Gang. I saw them play when I was a youngster in Ghana, back in 1989 I think. Their music is great. Apart from that I am also looking forward to seeing Brand New Heavies, Incognito, Take 6, and Dennis Rollins. There will also be a large number of really talented local artists.

So I am armed with ample booze and a hipflask in case I have to sneak it in. The schedule seems really tight and I doubt it will go off as smoothly as they plan. The floors all have pretty thick carpets so waiting around wont be so bad. Yall have and awesome weekend and I should have some cool photos to post on Monday.

No comments: