Monday, December 25, 2006

Boddingtons Pub Ale

When I can’t go out to the pub for a fresh pint of Kilkenny’s, I settle for the next best thing, a can of Boddingtons Pub Ale. It is obviously not as good as anything out of a tap but I don’t exactly have a pub set up at home. The can itself is taller than a regular can, containing a full pint of beer. The yellow and black combination for the color combination of the can is quite attractive and the banding on the front is concise, lacking any clutter.


From the markings on the can you can make out that Boddingtons is exported in this form to numerous countries around the world. And although they have Kilkenny’s on tap at the Irish pub here, I have never seen Boddingtons on tap anywhere in China as yet. But thanks to the widget in the can you are insured premium tap flavor and quality.



Boddingtons Pub Ale is 4.7% alcohol and is brewed with pride in Britain. 3 or 4 cans of this is enough to put me down for an afternoon nap. You should also note that Boddingtons is best served cool, but not chilled like other beers. I can leave this bad boy by the open window at night and wake up to a cold can of Boddingtons in the morning.



Ideally I would pour this beer into a pint glass but I do not have one here. Pouring it into a normal glass would kind of kill the effect so I just drink it in big gulps from the can. The opening on the top is a wide hole allowing for pleasurable sipping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

merry xmas bro.
nothing like a good pint of boddies. u can buy them here at duty free which is pretty sweet.
was just thinking... maybe its about time u changed ur blog name to chinodreamin...

Indo Dreamin' said...

no name change any time soon buddy. even when I am in chino, i am dreamin indo ;)