Monday, March 19, 2007

Slow Progress

I have been back in Guangzhou about a week now. Last week was pretty stressful, I had to look for and move apartments as soon as I got back. I got a bigger place now that is much nicer than my old one but the view sucks. I mean it really sucks. I am looking straight into the tower across the garden directly into other people’s apartments. I did look at other apartments around the city but not many of them offer the security and social comfort that Regal Court does. Also I am currently living only 4 blocks from where I work. I guess one can not have the cake and eat it too. I have heard that saying all my life, but it makes no fucking sense. Why can I not try to have the cake and eat it as well? And what is the point of having a cake if you can’t eat it?

The weekend was great actually. I went out and got nicely toasted which I have not done in a while. There was an Afro wig party at Comrades that ended with a police raid. I hope to post some pictures of that in the near future. After that we enjoyed watching a bit of the Cricket World Cup and then hopped around a few bars. There was no drama and I remained relatively well behaved. I think I am getting used to the fact that I live in GZ now. I am getting more comfortable with my surroundings and I am settling in. It is a good feeling in some ways and in others I do not want to get to comfy. In some strange way I feel if I do I would be selling out on ‘the dream’.

No comments: