Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Knock Yourself Out

I came across dome cool stuff while surfing the web yesterday. That was nice for a change because I have been pretty bored with everything out there. I have to use an anonymizer to surf any Blogger sites and that just takes way to long sometimes. Most of the other blogs I have found recently just dont float my boat. First off you can use ‘The Gematriculator’ that uses Gematria to figure out how good or evil your website is. That kept me entertained for all of 6 minutes. And I got this cool badge.
This site is certified 28% EVIL by the Gematriculator

This collection of common phrases and their origins on Neatorama is also an interesting pastime. Like the phrase to ‘put on your thinking cap’. That actually came from centuries ago when it was customary for judges to put on a cap before handing down a sentence to the plaintiffs. We would like to believe they were thinking. There are only a few phrases listed there though.

This collection of suicide notes is quite out of the ordinary but oddly motivating. And all of them are by people who actually went through with it. One of my favorite reads is still Post Secret that was actually started off as a kind of therapy for people who were on the verge of suicide. These letters are from men and women ranging in age from 13 to 70, all have their own reasons, some I understand and others seemed like lives wasted. None the less, I appreciate the insight.


The last site I came across is not something I enjoyed reading very much. This is a study that declares smoking marijuana is even more hazardous to health than smoking cigarettes. They go as far as to estimate that 1 joint would be the equivalent of smoking 5 tobacco cigarettes! I have believed all these years, based on articles I have read in High Times magazine that smoking weed was not as harmful as tobacco. Ah well, who wants to live forever anyways.

Something funny just happened this morning too. I was sitting at my desk and a call came in. The voice on the other end was of a Chinese man. He started to speak in Chinese and I told him I could only understand English. He asked to speak to Mr. Jubblaauuhh. I did not quite hear the name he said so I asked him, ‘Mr. Who?’ And he said, ‘Yes. That’s right’ About 10 minutes later a man named Mr. Hu showed up in my office. I swear, I am not even making this up!

No comments: