Monday, October 08, 2007

No Pain No Gain – Vina's Left Hip Tattoo

I met Vina through my blog and she asked me to give her company and hook her up with Icon of Black Jack Tattoo in Jakarta. We linked up this Sunday and went down to the shop to see what she had in mind. Firstly I was stoked to find that Vina is a really cool girl and hot as well. She knew exactly what she wanted as well which was awesome. Otherwise we could have spent hours going through designs. So she passed on her concept to Icon and took to his PC to fix it up.


Once the size and layout was made on the design software to suit what Vina wanted, Icon laid it out on the light table thing and traced it out on to that paper that leaves the ink on your skin.



I don’t know what its called but it works good. You just trace or draw onto the paper with a blue pen then put some cream on the skin. When you place the paper on the skin and pull it away, it leaves the outline you drew on the skin. I think this is the real make it or break it point for a tattoo because here is when you can really get a feel for how it is going to look. And the next step involves the needle so if you are in 2 minds, this is the point of no return.



Vina opted to get her tattoo on her lower left hip, and because she got the curves, it works. She has the words No Pain No Gain, Live Today, and Enjoy Where you Are formed into a sort of sphere with a bit of shading behind them.



Words are powerful and they have meaning for her so I hope she enjoys her new tattoo. I am stoked that I was able to be a part of her experience. There is nothing more fun than hanging out with people when they are getting needled. Especially when they need company to drink with them! She handled the 2 hours of work like a real rock star though. BIG UPS to you Vina. Let me know when you are ready for the next round. I am definitely going to get something when I get back into town in 2 weeks.


No comments: