Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Cribs - Indo Dreamin' in Rio

I have been working on my movie ‘Obrigado Brasil’, but not nearly as much as I should be. My goal was to be completely finished by Spring 2008 but I still have about 3 more scenes to go. And I am not as motivated as I used to be. Work has just been so busy that by the time I close my day the last thing I want to do is look at a computer screen. But I did finish Part 1 completely although there are parts I look at now that I would totally have done differently. I wonder if I should go back and redo them or just leave them the way they are so I can see the learning curve develop in the work. In the new movie there are some scenes I paid attention to every tiny detail on and others where I was lazy. But I have some to face the fact that I am just not a perfectionist. I am too eager to see the finished product to be one of those people who spend 10 years on a single project. This movie already feels to POP to me and I am eager to try something else where I can play around more with the editing, like some eclectic music video. So in an effort to be re-inspired for finishing my movie I have uploaded one of the scenes to the internet. It is a compilation of shots I took around the house in Rio fashioned to look like an episode of MTV Cribs. At the time I was shooting the clips I did not have this in mind so I was sifting through tons and tons of clips looking for appropriate ones I could use for this scene. The scene is about 59 MB and in WMV, so it is in full size format. So here it is, the ‘Cribs Scene’ from Obrigado Brasil.


No comments: