Thursday, July 03, 2008

Single Layer Indo Dreamin Stencil

Now that I have officially turned one of the walls of my apartment into a graffiti post, I got to keep coming up with shit to fill the space. So here we have the Single Layer Indo Dreamin Stencil. I used the stencil font. It seemed like the most obvious thing to do.


I really took my time cutting the stencil out for this one. I even broke out my cutting board from the kitchen at home. I have not used the fogger to cut any food yet so at least it’s getting some time out in the open now. I was pretty happy with the stencil.


I used more DVD packaging to make a buffer around the stencil. If you don’t have a safe zone around the stencil, little sprays get everywhere. This would not matter if you were painting out on the streets, but the walls in my apartment are very, very white. I tried out the stencil on a newspaper, and I am glad I did because the results were absolute SHITE! I guess it is because of the paper I am using. It does not stay close to the wall and allows all the spray to pass under the thin areas. So the words ended up looking like a big blob.


But then I got hame at about 2am after doing a little bit of drinking last night and I relized that my stencils are printed on sticky paper. So rather than letting this stencil go to waste, I cut the paper off the back of the stencil so I was just left with the sticker and put that right up against the wall. With a bit of drink in me I was very confident and I got a nice even spray over the area.



It turned out quite nice actually. That sticky label paper actually came to some good, but I think this stencil has a 2 time use only clause.


That big drip in the end was me being a little too drunk and overly ambitious. I don’t even want to think what my landlady’s reaction will be when she sees this stuff.


No comments: