Thursday, October 30, 2008

Gouty Knee

Just last month I had a really bad attack of Gout on my left big toe. I have had prior attacks on my right big toe so this was a first. From what I have read, subsequent attacks get more frequent, stronger, and last longer. I usually only suffer from gout about 1 a year so I was really surprised when I woke up 2 days ago with a horrible pain in my right knee. This is not the type of pain you feel when your skin is sliced open with a dull blade or getting punched n the face real hard. It is a sharp pain that stabs at my knee every time I move, then just lingers on, dull and throbbing. I am not going to dive into the bag of painkillers again. It sucks coming off that stuff. Instead I got my hand s on some colchicine tablets that target the crystallization and should relieve pain in 48 hours. It has been almost 24 hours now but I am still feeling fucked up. This stuff is not supposed to be good for you and you should desist once the pain reduces. I just hope it works.

What sucks about gout is that even though you are suffering from this immense pain, people still look at you like you did everything to deserve it. And I probably did. But what the fuck am I supposed to do, stop eating everything that tastes good and stop drinking alcohol? I would be living on carrots and ganja then. Like Bugs Bunny meets Bob Marley. It sounds fun but it all gets old after a few days. And speaking of old, I am only 31 years old. I feel as fresh now as I did 10 years ago, even sharper in fact. But this god damned body is starting to give out on me. I wish I could just trade in for another with better hydraulics.



No comments: