Friday, November 21, 2008

KAWS and Kanye West 808s & Heartbreak

I have mentioned KAWS here before and even featured some of his work in previous posts. He is one of the more prominent graffiti or street artists that has made his mark on a commercial level with colaborations with companies like Nike designing custom sneakers. His art has been featured on main stream magazines and numerous clothing brands including his own label 'Original Fake'. I have never featured this video of KAWS that tracks back to his humble beginings when he was just a kid on the streets of NYC making his mark. This was almost 10 years ago I believe. 



And now KAWS has colaborated with Kanye West on the artwork for his latest album 808's and Heartbreak. This is classic KAWS style and this project will bring his to an even larger audience. Not only does this open doors for him but for street artists all over the world. The album art includes a life size image as well which will only be available with purchaced CD's. This is a wikid feature to lure into purchacing the album rather than downloading it off the internet. 


 


As for the 808's & Heartbreak album itself, I have only heard a few of the tracks and I like what I am seeing so far. I did not like much of Kanye's older aggressive rap but after listening to 'Home Cooming', a cloaboration betwen Kanye and Chris Martin from Coldplay, I had to change my mind. Love him or hate him, Kanye is a true artist and he is pushing boundries that few others venture towards. He is breaking stereo types accositated with appearance and music. I have got to give it up to him foer that. Crank up your volume and check out the tracks below before you pass any judgments of your own. I am interested to know what YOU think. And for all da isladers out there, this album was recorded in Hawaii and every track has shout outs to the 808. Respect...  

Home Comming...



Love Lockdown...


No comments: