Thursday, June 07, 2007

Sorry Paris

Yesterday I was in a pretty sour mood and I bitched about Paris Hilton not being slapped hard enough by the US legal system. It is obvious to me that someone or the other has been paid off so that Paris can enjoy some frills while in prison. What you gonna do about it? Being filthy rich does have its perks, and I have nothing against Paris Hilton for being wealthy. I have nothing against her at all actually; she might be a really sweet person being depicted in a horrible fashion by the media. Honestly I could not give a crap either way. I came across this clip from the most recent MTV Awards that actually made me feel sorry for Paris. The host of the MTV Awards Sarah Silverman makes a crack about Paris going to jail, and the crowd’s response is agonizing. They actually cheer and laugh about pretty Paris going to jail as the camera zooms into her face. There she is, probably going through one of the most traumatic experiences of her young life and the world is mocking her, on LIVE TELEVISION. Even Jack Nicholson broke a smile. BUUURRNN!!!! The lesson of the day kids is that FAME sucks. Be careful what you wish for.

Sell your soul and sign an autograph
Big bang baby, it's a crash, crash, crash
I wanna cry, but I gotta laugh
Orange crush mama is a laugh, laugh, laugh
-Scott Weiland (Stone Temple Pilots)

No comments: