Monday, November 19, 2007

Just Like Music - Part 1

You ever hear a certain song come on in a bar or on the radio and it just makes you want to get up and pump your fist in the air while you scream out the lyrics? Or a song that just makes you feel that you can take whatever the world decided to throw and you that day and dish it back out 3 fold! This is my list of the top 5 songs that make me feel like a fucking badass. Throw up some of your favorites too.

5. The Final Countdown – Europe

I know these guys look so damn twisted but every time I hear the chorus of this song I just got to get out of my chair. Apart from the chorus and the line ‘we’re heading to Venus’ I do not even know any of the other lyrics so the song really makes no sense to me. What are we counting down to? But gad damn its just so good.



4. Eye of the Tiger – Survivor

This song was actually written and performed specifically for the movie Rocky 3. If this does not make you feel like you can take on the world then I don’t know what will. Don’t ask me why all these 80’s songs get my adrenaline going but they just don’t write lyrics like these anymore.

So many times, it happens too fast
You change your passion for glory
Don't lose your grip on the dreams of the past
You must fight just to keep them alive



3. We Will Rock You – Queen

Freddie wrote some amazing songs. That kind of passion in music is rare these days. A track like this has all the right elements in my opinion. The music is mellow and consistent while the words build you up. I cant count the times I have seen this song mass group hysteria.




2. Renegades of Funk – Rage Against the Machine

I could probably create a list of 5 songs by Rage Against the Machine that get me riled up. But this track in particular is one of my favorites. The bass and drum lines really get the blood flowing and the lyrics are fucking motivational.




1. Me Against the World – Tupac

Tupac… Can I say more? This guy was a bad ass that ruled bad ass’s. If I put on this song before I go to work in the morning, shit is about to get real. This song is not so much of get up and cheer but lets the energy just build up and release on a focused point. This is the kind of track I listen to when its all about getting results, when I got to put the conscience away for a while and just get ruthless.


No comments: